Login to your account

Username *
Password *
Remember Me

Create an account

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.
Name *
Username *
Password *
Verify password *
Email *
Verify email *
Captcha *
Reload Captcha

Nurburgring reveals talks over 2019 F1 return

Written by  Jan 05, 2018

Talks between Formula 1 owners and the Nurburgring have begun over a possible return to the calendar in 2019, circuit CEO Mirco Markfort has revealed.

The legendary venue has not hosted the German Grand Prix since 2013 due to financial problems and, as a result, has left the race as a biannual event held at Hockenheim, with F1 due to return there this year.

However, with the Nurburgring now under new ownership, hopes are being raised that once again the track which has held races under various guises including the Luxembourg, European and German Grand Prix, can make another comeback.

"We really would appreciate having the F1 back at the Nurburgring in 2019," Markfort told Motorsport.com on Thursday.

"This will only be possible if we take meaningful economic surrounding conditions into consideration but we are able to confirm that there had been conversations with Liberty Media."

Also Read:

Though there is a lot of competition for a place on the calendar, F1 CEO Chase Carey has made it clear maintaining the historical European core is important to the new leadership, with Germany a key priority.

"Germany is the largest and most prosperous country in western Europe with a great sports history," he told Die Welt last year.

"We would like to build on what we already have in Germany, and an event is obviously an important part of it. We need to see where and how we can make it happen."

Related News

Symonds: China strategy proves Ferrari o

Future of Belgian and Japanese GP's unce

Verstappen bemoans "less fun" F1 cars si

2018 could be a "legendary" season for F

Ferrari the possible target of new FIA d

Hamilton confident of Mercedes comeback

  1. Latest News
  2. Featured

Facebook