Close Menu
InsideRacing.comInsideRacing.com

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Comprehensive assessment of the shifting power dynamics defining Formula 1’s radical 2026 era.

    Russell reigns supreme in Melbourne as Verstappen stages a defiant charge through the field.

    Ferrari stakes their claim: Leclerc and Hamilton lead the way in Melbourne

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    InsideRacing.comInsideRacing.com
    • HOME
    • FORMULA 1
    • MOTOGP
      • WorldSBK
    • SINGLE SEATERS
      • IndyCar
      • Formula E
      • Formula 2
      • Formula 3
      • Formula 4
    • RALLYING
      • WRC
      • Rally Raid
      • ERC
      • World RX
    • SPORTS CARS
      • 24H Series
      • WEC
      • GT
    InsideRacing.comInsideRacing.com
    WEC

    Alonso rejects suggestion Toyota dominance tainted Le Mans win

    RaiedJune 21, 2018
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Fernando Alonso believes his victory at the Le Mans 24 Hours last weekend was not tainted by Toyota’s dominance of the LMP1 category.

    Following Porsche’s decision to join Audi in pulling out of the WEC at the end of last year, it left the Japanese carmaker as the only manufacturer left with a hybrid engine competing against a number of privateer entries.

    The pace difference around the Circuit de la Sarthe was staggering with the Spaniard’s winning No.8 car, alongside Sebastien Buemi and Kazuki Nakajima, finishing some 12 laps ahead of the first of those non-hybrid privateers – the No.3 Rebellion – yet…

    “Last year were only four cars, this year there were 10,” Alonso said on Thursday, referring to the total number of cars in the LMP1 class.

    “It was a great challenge. I put this victory in a higher level than any other victory in Le Mans.”

    Also Read:

    • McLaren offering Ricciardo big money for 2019 move, says Red Bull’s Marko

    With two legs of motorsport’s Triple Crown now in the bag, expectations are high that the double world champion will at the very least attempt to match Graham Hill by adding the Indianapolis 500 next year, if not move from F1 to IndyCar altogether.

    “I didn’t think too much yet about this,” the McLaren driver stated.

    “As I said last year when I entered the Indy 500, that was a very attractive target to achieve the Triple Crown and be a little bit more complete driver, not only drive F1 cars.

    “With the Le Mans victory, it puts me a little bit closer to that target. I will think and I will see what I do next year.”

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    WEC postpones Qatar 1812km amid regional tensions; Imola to host season opener

    March 3, 2026

    Valentino Rossi makes a strong debut in the BMW M Hybrid V8

    November 5, 2024

    Toyota take drama filled victory in Italy; Porsche beat Ferrari in close race

    July 18, 2021
    Top Posts

    Sainz receives reprimand for actions following Brazilian GP crash

    November 4, 2024

    The end of an era: Why MotoGP is swapping Phillip Island’s cliffs for Adelaide’s streets?

    February 18, 2026

    Valentino Rossi makes a strong debut in the BMW M Hybrid V8

    November 5, 2024

    Mercedes fined €10,000 for tire pressure adjustments ahead Sao Paulo GP

    November 4, 2024

    Comprehensive assessment of the shifting power dynamics defining Formula 1’s radical 2026 era.

    March 9, 2026

    The 100-win countdown: Marquez enters 2026 season as the man to beat

    February 24, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • TikTok
    • WhatsApp
    • Twitter
    • Instagram

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest tech news from FooBar about tech, design and biz.

    InsideRacing.com© 2016 - 2026. All Rights Reserved.
    • Contact us
    • Our Authors

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.