Close Menu
InsideRacing.comInsideRacing.com

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Comprehensive assessment of the shifting power dynamics defining Formula 1’s radical 2026 era.

    Russell reigns supreme in Melbourne as Verstappen stages a defiant charge through the field.

    Ferrari stakes their claim: Leclerc and Hamilton lead the way in Melbourne

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    InsideRacing.comInsideRacing.com
    • HOME
    • FORMULA 1
    • MOTOGP
      • WorldSBK
    • SINGLE SEATERS
      • IndyCar
      • Formula E
      • Formula 2
      • Formula 3
      • Formula 4
    • RALLYING
      • WRC
      • Rally Raid
      • ERC
      • World RX
    • SPORTS CARS
      • 24H Series
      • WEC
      • GT
    InsideRacing.comInsideRacing.com
    Formula 1

    Ferrari, Bottas not considering 2018 for now

    RaiedJune 14, 2017
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    The most important three seats on the Formula 1 grid that could change owners for 2018 will not be resolved anytime soon it seems.

    Both Ferrari drivers and Valtteri Bottas are all out of contract at the end of this year with speculation already considering possible driver changes.

    Sebastian Vettel is being linked to a seat at Mercedes for next year, though the chances of a possible Vettel/ Hamilton partnership at the German manufacturer would likely be slim.

    It is thought Ferrari may look to the next generation of drivers, with names like Carlos Sainz and Sergio Perez linked to replace a then retiring Kimi Raikkonen, while Bottas was hurried to Mercedes this year following Nico Rosberg’s shock retirement and will need to convince Toto Wolff to keep him on.

    With the two teams currently embroiled in a battle with each other for this year’s championship, at Maranello, team boss Maurizio Arrivabene claims no talks are currently underway regarding their future line-up.

    “We are not thinking about contracts now, we are thinking about the championship,” he said.

    “They are two separate issues. We are all concentrated. As I have said many, many times we are working altogether, including the drivers, we are very focused on our job and I have to say the contract is not an issue.”

    That’s despite a report last week that Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne does want at least Vettel’s future decided by the Italian Grand Prix in September.

    As for Bottas, he too isn’t looking beyond this year and hopes his results will make that decision easier.

    “Of course I hope to stay at Mercedes,” The Finn, who won his first Grand Prix in Russia earlier this year, reportedly told Sky Italia.

    “But it’s still too early to talk about it. I’m thinking about doing well day by day, race by race so I’m focusing on the present,” Bottas explained.

    “If I do well in the future then it will be downhill.”

    One thing the 27-year-old thinks is in his favour, however, is the harmony at Mercedes between himself and Lewis Hamilton.

    “We will get to know each other better during the season because before this year I didn’t know Lewis well,” he said.

    “We are definitely very different. I like to stay in a calm environment, at home with my family. I care very much about my privacy, while Lewis is more social and good around people.

    “But we have a very professional relationship and respect, but at the same time, we want to beat each other on the track. We accept this and can work together well.

    “I think there’s a great team spirit,” he added.

     

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    Russell reigns supreme in Melbourne as Verstappen stages a defiant charge through the field.

    March 8, 2026

    Ferrari stakes their claim: Leclerc and Hamilton lead the way in Melbourne

    March 6, 2026

    Hadjar gets Verstappen support, makes ‘bold’ 2026 claim

    February 4, 2026
    Top Posts

    Sainz receives reprimand for actions following Brazilian GP crash

    November 4, 2024

    The end of an era: Why MotoGP is swapping Phillip Island’s cliffs for Adelaide’s streets?

    February 18, 2026

    Valentino Rossi makes a strong debut in the BMW M Hybrid V8

    November 5, 2024

    Mercedes fined €10,000 for tire pressure adjustments ahead Sao Paulo GP

    November 4, 2024

    The 100-win countdown: Marquez enters 2026 season as the man to beat

    February 24, 2026

    Comprehensive assessment of the shifting power dynamics defining Formula 1’s radical 2026 era.

    March 9, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • TikTok
    • WhatsApp
    • Twitter
    • Instagram

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest tech news from FooBar about tech, design and biz.

    InsideRacing.com© 2016 - 2026. All Rights Reserved.
    • Contact us
    • Our Authors

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.