Close Menu
InsideRacing.comInsideRacing.com

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

    What's Hot

    Comprehensive assessment of the shifting power dynamics defining Formula 1’s radical 2026 era.

    Russell reigns supreme in Melbourne as Verstappen stages a defiant charge through the field.

    Ferrari stakes their claim: Leclerc and Hamilton lead the way in Melbourne

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    InsideRacing.comInsideRacing.com
    • HOME
    • FORMULA 1
    • MOTOGP
      • WorldSBK
    • SINGLE SEATERS
      • IndyCar
      • Formula E
      • Formula 2
      • Formula 3
      • Formula 4
    • RALLYING
      • WRC
      • Rally Raid
      • ERC
      • World RX
    • SPORTS CARS
      • 24H Series
      • WEC
      • GT
    InsideRacing.comInsideRacing.com
    Formula 1

    Vettel left unhappy after Barcelona practice

    RaiedMay 12, 2017
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Sebastian Vettel was a frustrated man after a difficult Friday for Ferrari at the Spanish Grand Prix.

    The German was hit by a gearbox issue mid-way through the morning session and more generally, the Scuderia seemed to have little response to Mercedes as their revised W08 hit the track for the first time.

    Asked how the day had gone, the former four-time champion said: “So far pretty bad, I struggled a bit with the car balance in general so conditions today seemed to be quite challenging.

    “I think we would have loved to do a bit more running, get a bit of a better feel for the car. It was OK but as I said, we can improve.

    “I don’t know what Mercedes was up to. It looks like it will be between them and us, but as I said I wasn’t happy. I think there was quite a lot left on the track which I didn’t get to, didn’t find yet. So need to have a look tonight.”

    Vettel also played down the hype surrounding Mercedes’ upgrade, believing the Italian team can still challenge should they solve the problems from Friday.

    “I don’t know who brought the most updates, I don’t think it matters who brought the most, I think it matters who brought the best,” the 29-year-old claimed.

    “Some of them are more visual than others. I’m happy with what we brought, some of the stuff you can see, some of the stuff you will not see, so no secrets but the usual work.

    “I wasn’t too happy but I can feel the car is quick so I am not worried,” he added, “just not happy with how the day went.

    “I didn’t feel as if I was always the captain on board – sometimes somebody else is steering my ship but I hope tomorrow, whoever that was, they disappear.”

     

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

    Related Posts

    Russell reigns supreme in Melbourne as Verstappen stages a defiant charge through the field.

    March 8, 2026

    Ferrari stakes their claim: Leclerc and Hamilton lead the way in Melbourne

    March 6, 2026

    Hadjar gets Verstappen support, makes ‘bold’ 2026 claim

    February 4, 2026
    Top Posts

    Sainz receives reprimand for actions following Brazilian GP crash

    November 4, 2024

    The end of an era: Why MotoGP is swapping Phillip Island’s cliffs for Adelaide’s streets?

    February 18, 2026

    Valentino Rossi makes a strong debut in the BMW M Hybrid V8

    November 5, 2024

    Mercedes fined €10,000 for tire pressure adjustments ahead Sao Paulo GP

    November 4, 2024

    The 100-win countdown: Marquez enters 2026 season as the man to beat

    February 24, 2026

    Comprehensive assessment of the shifting power dynamics defining Formula 1’s radical 2026 era.

    March 9, 2026
    Stay In Touch
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • TikTok
    • WhatsApp
    • Twitter
    • Instagram

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest tech news from FooBar about tech, design and biz.

    InsideRacing.com© 2016 - 2026. All Rights Reserved.
    • Contact us
    • Our Authors

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.